TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Deps is part of a limited company registered as Live Music Ltd. For the purposes of this document, The Deps/Live Music Ltd shall be referred to as “the Artist”. The term “Artist” is not specific to a single performer, but a generic term that applies to all band members, DJs or solo acts. The term “Client” refers to the person who has booked the performance.
By agreeing to the booking verbally, by email or in writing, the Client agrees to these Terms and Conditions. They will be used in conjunction with a Rider and Contract which will outline the specific details of the performance. Please read this information in its entirety to gain an overall understanding of what is expected of each party. Any alterations to the Terms and Conditions or Rider should be agreed in writing between the Artist and Client.
- The Client will pay the Artist a non-refundable deposit at the time a booking is agreed.
- If the Client wants to cancel after the booking has been confirmed, the following fees will apply:
- More than 60 days before the performance date – Client forfeits deposit.
- Between 60 and 30 days of the performance date – Client pays 50% of the fee.
- Between 29 and 15 days of the performance date – Client pays 75% of the fee.
- Between 14 days until the day of the performance – Client pays 100% of the fee.
- The Artist’s fee should be paid in full no later than 14 days before the performance. If the Client fails to make this payment by the performance date then the Artist is not obliged to perform, however they are still entitled to their whole fee as this will be seen as a cancellation within 14 days of the performance.
- The Artist is under no obligation to perform if they haven’t been paid in full. If the Artist agrees to perform, without payment in advance, the Artist is entitled to charge the Client interest at the rate of 8% above the Bank of England base rate, from the day after the performance, this will be calculated daily. If the fee is still not settled 14 days after the performance, then the Artist will be entitled to charge a £100 debt recovery cost as extra compensation, in addition to any interest owing.
- The Client agrees to provide the Artist with everything detailed in the Artist’s Rider, attached below. If the Artist arrives at the venue, and discovers that the Rider has not been arranged, the Artist is entitled to leave the venue to purchase food and drink at the Client’s expense, limited to £50 per person. If this causes a delay to the Artist’s set up, the event to run late and/or the Artist’s performance to be shortened, the Artist is still entitled to their full fee.
- If the Client wishes to pay the Artist by cheque this must be agreed in advance, and the cheque must have cleared 14 days before the performance date. If the cheque bounces then there will be an administration charge of £100 in addition to any interest owed for late payment.
- The Artist is under no obligation to play additional sets; however, if an agreement is reached on the night, between the Artist and the Client, then the Artist will be entitled to charge a fee based on an hourly rate. This rate will be calculated by dividing the Artist’s total fee for the event by the overall performance time and must be paid before the extra performance either in cash or by bank transfer. (Eg; £2,000 fee / 2 hour performance time = £1,000 per hour for addition sets)
- If the Artist’s performance is below their usual standard or “energy level” due to the constrictions of a volume limiter they are still entitled to their full fee.
- The Client agrees that it is their responsibility to ensure all relevant music licences, insurance policies and safety tests are obtained before any live music is booked, and that there are no volume restrictions at the venue that might prevent the Artist from performing. If the performance is cancelled for one of these reasons, then the Artist will be entitled to their full fee.
- The Client will provide parking facilities suitable for the Artist performing, and a trustworthy person to supervise the loading and unloading of vehicles, for the security of the Artist’s equipment. If the venue does not have parking facilities, then the Client should inform the Artist at the time of booking so that a slight increase in the fee can be negotiated. Failure to provide this information will mean that the Artist is entitled to a payment on the night to cover parking fees if applicable. This does not include parking fines. If the artist was unaware that the venue did not have parking facilities, and has to leave the venue to find parking , this may cause a delay to the Artist’s set up, the event to run late and/or the Artist’s performance to be shortened, the Artist is still entitled to their full fee.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the Artist does not suffer any aggressive or abusive behaviour. If the Client is aware of any such behaviour from guests or staff, and that behaviour is allowed to continue, then the Artist may terminate the performance and will still be entitled to their full fee.
- The Artist cannot guarantee that the performance will feature the same musicians that appear in their promotional material. Should a member of a band be unable to perform, for any reason, it is the responsibility of the band to find a suitable understudy. The stand in must be of a high enough musical calibre to deliver a performance to a similar standard as the Artist’s usual show. The use of an understudy is not grounds for the Client to cancel the performance and the Artist will be entitled to their full fee.
- No fee shall be payable to the artists for a suspension of this engagement for the reason of: Royal Demise, National Mourning, Fire, Epidemic, War, Strikes or lockout by order of any Licensing or Public Authority however the client will forfeit the deposit to cover the cost of the cancellation to the Artist.
- The Client shall use reasonable endeavour to ensure the safety and security of the Artist, their equipment and their property at the venue. If the Artist suffers damage to property, as a result of the behaviour of the Client or one of their guests, then the client will pay for the repair or replacement of the damaged item.
- The band will require a safe supply of electricity, the client should take reasonable steps to ensure that the band are not provided with an unsafe power supply.
- If the Client or venue provide a stage, it must be of suitable proportions to accommodate the Artist. This stage should be stable, safe and of good quality.
- The Client and the Artist agree that the equipment and instruments of each musician performing at the event are not available for use by any other person except by specific permission of the musician, this includes microphones.
- If the Artist is unable to complete their entire performance due to the event running behind schedule, or as a result of a restriction placed on their performance on the day from the venue, the Artist is still entitled to their full fee.
- The adjustment of the volume and sound level of any equipment shall be as the Client reasonably requires.
- The Artist will perform at their highest standard and give a true representation of their recorded material.
- The Artist will arrive with more than enough time to meet the Client, set up their equipment, check any safety requirements of the venue, carry out a brief sound check and be ready to perform. Timings will be set out in the Booking Contract.
- The Artist will provide safe, working equipment and public liability insurance with a minimum of £5,000,000 worth of cover. Equipment will be PAT tested annually, and certificates are available for inspection upon request.
- The Artist will be suitably attired for the performance and agrees to adhere to any dress code the venue has in place.
- The Artist will provide lighting suitable for the venue, if requested to do so by the Client. The lighting provided is not suitable for decorating an entire venue and will only cover the stage area. Example photos available.
- Should the Artist wish to cancel or rearrange the performance this will only be possible if the Artist can find a suitable replacement who must be approved by the Client.
The Artist requests the following:
- Where appropriate an additional charge may be added for fuel, accommodation, parking and/or congestion charge.
- A hot meal for each band member.
- Soft drinks (as a minimum bottled water and post mix soft drinks).
- Changing facilities for the band members (ideally a lockable room).